We are here to help
Shoreline's Eating Disorder Residential Treatment Program evolved out of our belief that clients need a safe, structured home-like setting to begin to challenge their fears, distortions, and preoccupations with food, weight, and body. We specifically want our residential facilities to be within a vibrant yet typical community setting so challenges are easy to incorporate during the appropriate treatment phase. It is for all genders 13 years and older who need more supervision and therefore barriers to engage in their eating disorder behaviors.
While providing this level of care in a non-hospital environment we don’t compromise the very delicate medical, psychological, psychiatric, and spiritual needs of our clients. We accomplish this by having 24-hour nursing supervision and a multidisciplinary team of professionals attending to only 6 clients at a time. This high staff-to-client ratio gives us the ability to notice nuances, and intricacies of each individual's struggle and therefore be flexible in treatment planning care.
What We Believe
- We believe that full recovery is possible as long as you don’t give up.
- We believe in you and will stand next to you when appropriate, lead when necessary, and witness from a distance when the timing is right.
- We believe that evidenced-based practice is important, in combination with years of practical experience and a trusting relationship.
- We believe that eating disorders are complex and usually not caused by any one thing. That is why addressing the whole person is extremely important as is not practicing one-dimensional treatment approach.
- We believe that eating disorder symptoms usually come into a person’s life at a time when they are looking to soothe intense emotions. Additionally, we believe it’s time to develop new ways of coping and challenging old thinking styles which perpetuate the disorder.
What makes our Residential Program special?
- We offer continuity of care throughout all levels of treatment. Because our residential program is within walking distance of our PHP and IOP programs, Shoreline staff will support all programs. When clients step up or down in levels, they will be familiar with the treatment team. This should ease some of the anxiety that is inevitable when transitioning between levels of care.
- 24-hour nursing support.
- A wide variety of interventions because people change with different approaches. Some include DBT, ACT, Interpersonal Therapy, Attachment and Trauma Work, Movement Therapies, Introduction to Intuitive Eating concepts, Spirituality and Values Clarification, Nutrition Education, Art, and Expressive therapies, Nature-Based Interventions, individual, and family treatment strategies and so much more.
- All meals and snacks supported.
- All treatment provided by master’s or higher level clinicians.
- Collaboration with home treatment team throughout treatment stay.